Hunger is a real issue which unfortunately goes overlooked. Do your part to raise awareness of food insecurity! To request a presentation for your organization or department, email email@example.com.
Watch this video and share with everyone you know!
Mizzou by the numbers:
- 15,000+ students on need based aid
- 6,000+ students that are recipients of pell grants
- 1,000+ students that have an EFC (Expected Family Contribution) between $0-$1,000
- Nearly 20 students reported that they were homeless Spring 2012
- We have a large international student population that sometimes struggle financially for many reasons
- Many staff members are paid at or below the poverty level and have to support families
- Some graduate students are paid extremely low stipends and have to support families
Note: These numbers were applicable at the time of Tiger Pantry’s founding.