The mission of Truman’s Closet is to offer MU students, faculty and staff the ability to borrow professional business attire free of charge. This service will also aim to strengthen students’ professional etiquette and image through educational opportunities.
Hitt Street Parking Structure (enter off of Elm Street)
299 Hitt Street
Columbia, MO 65211
Hours of Operation
Truman’s Closet items are available for contactless curbside pickup during Tiger Pantry shifts. Please visit the homepage for current hours of operation.
Commonly Asked Questions
Any MU Health Care or Mizzou student, staff, or faculty with a valid University ID is eligible to borrow from Truman’s Closet! We recommend renting clothing at least one week in advance of when you need it to ensure you find something that works for you and the occasion.
Truman’s Closet offers three predominant services:
- Business attire rentals. Have a job interview or class presentation coming up? Truman’s Closet has a variety of business and professional attire items in an array of sizes available to rent free of charge.
- Cap and Gown rentals. Need a cap and gown to wear to graduation? Cap and gowns can be rented free of charge through Truman’s Closet.
- Educational opportunities. Truman’s Closet also has a variety of resources available to help ensure that your interview goes as smoothly as possible.
Truman’s Closet is always accepting donations of business attire, winter coats, and caps and gowns. Any donations from suits and slacks to heels and dresses is greatly appreciated at any time. Donations can be dropped off at Truman’s Closet (299 Hitt Street) during Hours of Operation above.
Ready to rent clothing?
Truman’s Closet has created an online clothing catalog for individuals to view available professional and business attire before placing a curbside order via MU Engage here. We recommend renting clothing at least one week in advance of when you need it to ensure you find something that works for you and the occasion.
To view our online catalog, please visit Truman’s Closet on Facebook and follow the steps below:
- Click the “Photos” section of the page- You can select various albums specific to articles of clothing you may be interested in borrowing.
- Click the album(s) you wish to view and find the item(s) you wish to request.
- Copy the item description associated with the article of clothing you wish to request (This can be found in the photo caption).
- Paste the description on the MU Engage form- You can request up to 5 items at a time and they must be returned within two weeks of borrowing them.